According to The Birmingham News, James Beard Award-winning chef John Currence is teaming up with Birmingham’s Fresh Hospitality Group to open a second location of his popular Oxford-based Big Bad Breakfast.
The new Big Bad Breakfast location should open late this year or in early 2013 in a former Movie Gallery location near the intersection of Alabama 119 and U.S. 280 in the Inverness area. The 3,200-square-foot building should seat about 120 diners.
View the full story here.
Waiting for the weekend to go out to eat can seem like an eternity, that’s why it’s great when you can find great weekday specials that are easy on the wallet.
Today is Wednesday, and that means:
- 1/2 off one-topping pizzas and house wine at Old Venice
- 1/2 price sushi at Two Stick from 3:00 to 5:00 (Monday-Saturday)
- 1/2 price wings and whiskey at Varsity Grille
- Hot Wing Nachos for $6.50 at Rib Cage
- 1/2 price sushi and sake at Big Bowl Asian Bistro from 3:00 to 4:00 (Monday-Friday)
- 25% off for early birds at Big Bad Breakfast from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (Tuesday – Thursday)
- Half dozen oysters w/wine or beer pairing for $10 at Snackbar from 4:00 to 7:00 (Monday-Friday)
Did I miss a Wednesday deal? Let me know about it at email@example.com or by commenting here.
Bravo to Big Bad Breakfast for now using recycled carryout/to-go boxes! I hear so much about these and never see them being used by any of the restaurants I patronize. Finally someone is showing some love for the environment!